Community update – 29 September 2023: Physicians Contract
The CCHA funds and runs a number of community programs to support the health and wellbeing of youth and families on Cortes Island.
The Family Support program exists to support island families in becoming healthy, strong and resilient.
- Mental Health
- Foot care
- Travel Assistance Program
- Equipment Loans
Learn how to support your local health services and CCHA programs.
Become a member
Become a member of the CCHA. Our membership is $5 and allows you to vote at our AGM.
Clinic Outlet – Open
Wednesday: 1pm – 4pm
Friday: 1pm – 4pm
Tel: (250) 935-0222
(during open hours)
Cove Pharmacy on Quadra
The Cortes Health Centre Clinic is open 5 days a week. Call us to arrange an appointment with one of our Group Practice Doctors.
Cortes Health Centre
M-F: 9am – 4pm
Closed: Noon – 1pm
947 Beasley Road – Manson’s Landing, BC V0P 1K0
- The Mission of the Cortes Community Health Association is to provide resources in a Cortes Health Centre for the benefit of all residents and visitors to Cortes Island.
- To manage the finances of the Cortes Community Health Association so that the centre will be self-sustaining.
- To secure the services of health practitioners who are appropriately trained and able to meet the medical needs of the community.
- To act as liaison between the community, Ministry of Health and other branches of health care delivery, health education, and administration in the Province of British Columbia.
- To act as advocate for the community in obtaining the best possible health care.
- To promote programs to improve health in the community and to conduct fund raising incidental to the above purposes.
From about 1905, Health care on Cortes and other isolated islands was provided by the Columbia Coast Mission of the Anglican Church. The Mission operated on many isolated communities, logging camps and First Nations villages using a variety of vessels including the 35 ft M.V. Rendezvous in the 40’s and the M.V. Columbia III, launched in 1956.
CCHA ADMINISTRATION CONTACT INFO
Box 59 – Mansons Landing,
BC V0P 1K0